Friday, August 13, 2010

Mexican Casserole

So, I stole this recipe from my friend Janeen.  She brought this to our family after I had my baby in December and we couldn’t get enough of it.  I finally have the recipe and made it myself this week.  It’s a real keeper.

Mexican Casserole
1lb of ground beef
1 med onion diced  (I didn’t have an onion and it was still good)
brown and drain grease
Add:
1 can corn
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
1 package gf taco seaoning
1 15 oz can of black beans
2 cups grated cheese
1 can tomatoes & green chilies (like the Rotel ones)
8 Corn tortillas
Cover bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish with a small amount of tomato sauce and a layer of tortillas.  Spread half of beef mixture and sprinkle half of cheese, cover with a layer of tortillas. Repeat and top with extra cheese. Bake for 30 min @ 375 degrees. Serve with chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment