Friday, August 13, 2010

My New Favorite Lunch Idea

A while back I ran into our hospital dietician, who told me one of her patients brought this for her to try and it was really good.  I was nervous, but eventually I tried it and I love it!

Tuna Rice Wraps
Tuna Salad (however you like it…I mix mine w/ mayo, shredded cheddar, salt & pepper)
Crunchy lettuce leaves
Rice paper (I looked for this for weeks…finally found it in the Asian section at Whole Foods.  It came in a big package for about $2)
*Soak rice paper in warm water as package directs, lay flat on a plate.  Spread tuna in the middle of rice paper and top with lettuce.  Wrap like a spring roll by tucking 3 edges to the center and rolling the final one to seal it.  It’s delicious.  Maybe next time I’ll take a picture in case this doesn’t explain it very well, but they should end up long and skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment