Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baked Pasta with Summer Veggies

This recipe is a slight variation of one my Corsen gave me a few weeks ago and I’ve been waiting for my red peppers to ripen so I could make it.  It turned out really amazing.  Phil even loved it, and he’s not a huge fan of meals that don’t involve meat. So there ya go.

Baked Pasta with Summer Veggies
 
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 zucchinis, sliced (I used one zucchini, one yellow squash)
2 tbsp.  olive oil
1 lb. spiral or penne pasta (Used Tinkyada spirals and the texture was awesome)
1 C. cottage cheese
2 carrot, sliced
1 C. Parmesan cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese
3/4 C. crushed Rice Chex cereal

 
Preheat oven to 425
1) cook pasta 2 minutes short of package directions
2) Toss garlic, peppers and squash in large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.  place veggies on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
3) mix cottage cheese, 1/2 of parmesan and nutmeg in large bowl.  Gently fold in cooked pasta, veggies, tomatoes, cubed mozzarella and seasonings.  Pour into greased baking pan.
4) Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and crushed cereal.  Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to ask in the last comment, where do you find Tinkyada products? Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete