Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Meal Ideas...


For breakfast today I had my favorite cereal, Rice Chex, which only recently became gluten-free. What a blessing that was! My favorite way to eat this stuff is over yogurt with fresh fruit on top. Delish!


My husband and daughter are sick today. I wanted a lunch that would be tummy-friendly and this was perfect!! I love this tomato soup! It's ready to serve so you just pour it out and warm it up. I've seen it at most health food stores, but this one I bought at Harmon's. I also had a grilled cheese sandwich with my Whole Foods GF Sandwich bread and it was great!




My dinner suggestion is actually from last night. We LOVE spaghetti squash!! It's a great alternative to pasta. Most people probably know how to make this, but I had no idea. For those like me, here's the directions:

Spaghetti Squash Dinner

1- Spaghetti Squash (serves 2 adults and one cute baby)
1- bottle of your favorite spaghetti sauce. I'm cheap so i like Hunt's Zesty & Spicy
1/2 - 1 lb cooked ground beef or italian sausage

Cut squash in half length wise and clean out the seeds. Lightly brush edges and inside with extra virgin olive oil (I don't have a brush I use my fingers). Place squash cut side down on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 1 hour. When you pull it out use a fork to pull the squash away from the edges so the inside looks like a bowl of noodles. Leave it inside the shell (I don't know what the outside is really called) and pour you meat and sauce over the "noodles." Stir it up and eat it right out of the shell. Try it, I bet you'll like it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone, I had no clue how to cook this squash. I am sketpical about it's taste, but if you say it's edible I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this a couple days ago for lunch, and I actually liked it! I am not a big squash fan, so I didn't have high hopes. But it doesn't taste really "squashy"! Gavin loved it! Thanks for the great ideas

    ReplyDelete