Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome!

So here it is!  My all-time favorite gluten-free recipe, for the sake of starting things off right.  This is one I got from my mother-in-law's neighbor and it's a great cookie recipe.  My husband even says they tast "real."  That's how you know.  Here it is:
1 2/3 C. GF all purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. butter (non hydrogenated canola shortening if you need it dairy free)
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 c. chocolate chips (can use dairy free)
1/4 c. nuts (optional, but fantastic!)

Preheat oen to 350, grease cookie sheets

Stir together all dry ingredients except sugars, set aside

Beat butter (soft, but not melted) with sugars, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly until light and fluffy.  This is key.

Slowly add in dry ingredients.  Drop cookies on sheets and bake approx 10 min.


VARIATION: I love to swap half the vanilla for 1/2 tsp almond extract, and then 1/2 cup butterscotch chips and 1/2 cup white chips instead of chocolate. Delicious.


They're amazing.  Now go try 'em out.

Do you have a recipe to share? Leave me a comment and you can get yourself published right here on my blog. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment