Monday, August 1, 2011

Green Beans with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette

Last week I purchased my first “Bountiful Basket.”  I was not disappointed at all.  I think I’ll do that about once a month.  It’s fun to get “mystery produce” and come up with ways to use it.  I can’t wait to tell you about the bread I made with the sweet potatoes we got.  Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it was amazing and you’ll love me for giving you the recipe.  I was excited to get fresh green beans.  I love green beans and my baby (okay, so she’s 19 months old now) would eat a whole can at one meal if we let her, but my husband only likes fresh.  I’ve never really known what to do with fresh ones, but when they showed up in my basket I decided I better figure it out. I found this recipe on For the Love of Cooking and decided to give it a whirl.  The girls weren’t that into it, but the adults overwhelmingly approved.

Green Beans with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 lb fresh green beans
Handful of grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp sliced almonds
salt & pepper to taste

Combine oil, syrup, cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper in small container with a lid.  Give it a good shake and let it sit while you prepare the beans.  Place beans in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 4 minutes.  Drain and drop into a bowl of ice water for about 1 minute.  Drain again and place in bowl with almonds and tomatoes.  Shake the dressing up again and pour it onto the beans, etc.  Toss gently to cover and serve immediately.  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment