Monday, June 20, 2011

Spanish Rice

This is the side dish I like to make with my Honey Lime Enchiladas, or just about any other Mexcican recipe.  I love this rice and this is a quick, easy recipe.

Red Spanish Rice

2T oil
1/4 medium onion
1 1/2 c rice
3 cloves finely chopped garlic (I use the bottled stuff)
2 1/2 c gf chicken broth (I used 2 1/2 c water and 2 gf boulion cubes)
1 c tomato sauce
1 tsp parsley (dried)

In a sauce pan heat oil on medium heat.  Saute onions onions until clear.  Add rice and stir-fry until it's a light brown color (5-ish minutes), add garlic.  Add tomato sauce and broth (VERY SLOWLY!!). This will sizzle and splatter a bit, so be careful (and wear an apron :))  Stir well and bring to a boil.  Once it boils, reduce heat to low and add parsley.  Cover and simmer for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment