Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Favorite Enchiladas

I originally found this recipe on Sister’s Café.  I love that blog.  This is one of my favorite meals.  It’s really simple, it makes 2 pans so I can freeze one for later, and it’s delicious.

Honey Lime Enchiladas

1.5lb chicken (I use 2 large chicken breast halves), cooked and shredded (I do mine in the crockpot)
Sauce:
1/3 c honey
1/4 c lime juice
1 Tb chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 (10 oz) cans gluten-free green enchilada sauce
1 1/2 c equal parts shredded mozerella and shredded cheddar mixed together
Corn tortillas

Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Allow to sit for about 30 min.  Pour small amount of sauce into 2 (9x13) pans to cover bottoms.  I like to wrap 5-6 tortillas at a time in a wet paper towel and microwave for about 45 seconds so they roll easier.  Fill tortillas with about 2T chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese (I usually do at least a tablespoon or so in each tortilla).  Roll and line them up in the pans.  Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with cheese.  Bake at 350 for about 25 min, then turn broiler on and cook until tops looks brown and crispy.

1 comment: