Thursday, April 30, 2009

Awesome Sugar Cookies

It's been forever since I've posted. That's mostly because it's been forever since I've tried anything new. I guess I've been a little lazy. Today I snapped out of it. We needed sugar in a BAD way. I found a new recipe for sugar cookies on the Sunflower Market website that I changed just a little and I loved the way they turned out! Try it...

Sugar Cookies
1 c. shortening (I like the "butter flavored" for baking)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend (I used Bob's Red Mill "All Purpose.")
1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sour cream (I have used vanilla yogurt instead with equally great results)


Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with sour cream; mix until smooth. Cover bowl and chill for at least 1 hour. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Bake for 8-10 min at 350 degrees. Frost when cooled. I like this frosting.


***I meant to put a picture right here of the most precious little girl with frosting all over her hands and face. If it weren't for the frosting all over my own hands, I probably could have accomplished that. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment