Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gingerbread Waffles

It's been a while since I've posted anything new, but I promise this is worth the wait.  I didn't take any pictures because, well, I'm not good and photographing food.  But you can go here to see the original recipe (not gf version) complete with irresistable picture.  I made these this week as a holliday breakfast treat and they were fabulous.  It's kind of a lot of sugar but hey, it's Christmas time.  Try these out.  They'll change your life. =)

Gingerbread Waffles
1/2 c. butter melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. milk
2 c. gf all purpose flour (I used Blue Chip Featherlite mix)
1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1/2 t. salt

Mix all ingredients in a mixer and cook on waffle iron.  Mine were very soft and flexible when I pulled them off.  Softer than a normal waffle.

Serve them with this delicious little sugar-potion:

Buttermilk Syrup

1 cube butter
1/2 c. corn syrup
1 c. buttermilk (I used regular milk + tsp cider vinegar)
1 t. baking soda
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Place in a big pot, it will boil huge. Boil just until it turns a darker brown color.  Mine took about 5 minutes.


Or, eat them plain. Or cold. Or however you want.  They're so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment