Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

pumpkin cookies

I have survived moving across the country 5 weeks after having baby #3, and I’m finally ready to start making new things again. Hooray for that! I’ve tried a few new recipes I hope to post soon, but first I am posting this recipe for my favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I’m kind of amazed that it’s taken me this long to do it, since I’ve had the recipe since 2003. It’s in my recipe binder but suddenly I feel greatly inconvenienced when I can’t pull up a recipe I want online. =) Anyway…These are good cookies. I love them because they’re easy and very forgiving. I’ve used all sorts of flour blends depending on what I have and they turn out great. Also, they don’t require xanthan gum. Because I’m super cheap, that’s important to me. I love these cookies fresh out of the oven or out of the fridge, but my VERY FAVORITE way to eat these is warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Amazing.


Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Combine:
1/4 C. butter (softened)
1 1/2 C. sugar
(beat ‘til fluffy)

Add:
1 egg
1 1/2 C. pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
(mix well)

In a separate bowl, whisk together:
2 1/2 C GF flour (I used 1 C Rice, 1 C Oat, and 1/2 C. Corn starch, but I’ve used several different combos with Tapioca flour, potato startch, sorghum flour, etc. Use what you have.)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C. chocolate chips (I like the mini)
1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional, but super good)

Slowly add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix well. The batter should be pretty moist. Spoon batter by tablespoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-17 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment