Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gluten-Free Pancakes


  • Last year I found a bunch of GF Bisquick on serious clearance at Smith's. I bought 13 boxes. I love that stuff so much. Last week I used the last box and I was so sad. I can't bring myself to spend nearly $5 for 3 cups of pancake mix. I just can't do it. So....I started looking for a new recipe. Lots of GF pancake recipes are too dense or gritty for me. This one has great texture, by my standards. I adapted it from a recipe on allrecipes.com.

Gluten Free Pancakes

  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 5 tablespoons tapioca flour
  • 1/3 cup potato starch
  • 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 cups milk

Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well. Add eggs, oil and milk and stir to combine. Cook on a well-sprayed skillet....like you would any normal pancake. I feel like a goober writing pancake instructions. Happy breakfast to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment