Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chicken-Bacon Roll Ups

Last week my husband made this delish dish, so I  thought I’d pass it along.  I was nervous about the sauce, but it really was great! I’m way sad I didn’t take a picture of this one.  My husband always makes pretty food.
Chicken-Bacon Roll Ups
Here’s what you need:
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (pounded flat) 6 slices cooked bacon                                                                3 slices muenster cheese (cheddar or provolone would work too)
Mix together for Sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup apricot jam

Here’s what you do:  once you’ve pounded your chicken flat, lay a slice of cheese and 2 bacon strips on there.  Now roll them up and stick toothpicks in them to hold them together.  Put them in a 9x13 baking dish and pour sauce over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 min, until chicken is cooked.
We ate it with baked potatoes and we thought it would probably also be good over rice.  We also thought if you weren’t into the sauce it would be good with regular bbq sauce, but try it first.  See what you think…it’s good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment